Planning a cozy night in this New Year’s Eve? Try our mushroom jambalaya recipe. It’s one of our favorite easy meals to make for a special occasion, and our Hickory Smokehouse Jerky adds a delicious, plant-based richness to the dish. Have a safe and Happy New Year!
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced small
- 1 each red, green, and yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pouch Eat the Change Hickory Smokehouse Mushroom Jerky
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, cut into bite size pieces
- Beyond Meat sausage, slilced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut amino acids
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- Green onions, sliced for garnish
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large saute pan. Brown sausage and mushrooms. Add onions, garlic, celery, and peppers and sautee until onions are translucent and aromatic for about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and sautee for another 3 minutes.
- Add liquid amino acids, vegetable broth, and all seasonings. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Stir in rice and bring to a boil. Cover with lid and lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Be sure not to remove the lid.
- Turn off heat and allow to sit covered for 10 minutes. Remove lid and garnish with green onions. Enjoy!